Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I had an electrician come over and change the face of an outlet

Customer Question

I had an electrician come over and change the face of an outlet so it could accommodate a 120V plug connected to a sauna. They did not change any internal wiring, just the outlet. Was this safe? Any risks I should be aware of? Thanks!
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Depends on many factors such as the following: A) NEMA rating on the sauna cord plugB) NEMA rating of the receptacleC) Circuit breaker amperageD) Wire size and type (copper or aluminum) that feeds the receptacle 2) Is the sauna receptacle installed outdoors? 3) Is the receptacle or the branch circuit breaker a GFCI type? 4) Is there a disconnect switch installed to kill power to the sauna?