Tyler Bosch
Tyler Bosch,
Experience:  Electrical Foreman at New West Electric

I have a westinghouse style s13p u24 a type fht motor The leads

Customer Question

i have a westinghouse style s13p u24 a type fht motor The leads coming out of the motor are yellow wired to terminal #2 blue to #4 and white to #1. How do these connect to a standard black white and green electical cord ?
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: not that i am aware of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Tyler Bosch replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with this issue.
In order to assist you, I will need a bit more information.
As you may already know, Westinghouse no longer produces these motors, so information is difficult to come by. The good news, is that old motors like this are built very well.
That being said, I have a few questions for you.What application are you using this motor for?
Is there a readable nameplate on this motor? If so, can you attach a picture of the nameplate or write the info here?
It would also be helpful to know where in the world you are located. Standard colouring for motor leads do not always match up over international borders.