Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

The lights connected to my Malibu 300 power pack won't come

Customer Question

The lights connected to my Malibu 300 power pack won't come on. They stopped working with my Malibu 200 power pack, so I thought it was broken after 5 years of working well. I have restripped the wire to make a good connection to the power pack and doublechecked the wire itself to be sure it hasn't been sliced but all is well and I have replaced all of the lightbulbs in the light fixtures (that are still securely connected to the wire). What else can I check?
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The only thing not mentioned was checking the outlet for 120V. You'll need a 2 wire tester. Check as followsHot to NeutralHot to GroundNeutral to Ground.Let me know the readings.