Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

The Malibu 200 watt digital power pack goes out after about

Customer Question

The Malibu 200 watt digital power pack goes out after about 10 seconds after pushing the red reset button.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have 3 lines connected to the terminals and it has worked for a couple of years. We had some unrelated electrical work done and the power was turned on and off a couple of times. The transformer was not working at all, then worked for 10 seconds when I pushed the reset button which had been tripped
JA: Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: The photo sell is plugged in but not used
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Temporarily remove all of the connected lines from the transformer and then reset it. Do you have a voltmeter to confirm the voltage on the transformer when "no load" is connected? Does the voltage return to the appropriate measurement when resetting? 2) What is the DC voltage of the transformer? 12 volts or other? 3) Is the transformer plugged into a GFCI receptacle?
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
I have opted out of your question since I have not heard back from you. Your question will be placed back to the open board and you will be notified once another expert picks up the question. No need to reply back to me. Thanks.