Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have a 120 V connection between hot and ground, and a 0V

Customer Question

I have a 120 V connection between hot and ground, and a 0V between hot and white.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: This is in the second box on a circuit
JA: Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: no, just that it is on GFCI protected circuit
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist with your electrical questions. Since you have 120 volt hot to ground, but not hot to neutral, you are missing you neutral wire from the box previous in the run. If you go to the 1st device in the line and check connections, you may find your issue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That makes sense.
Either that, or the white has come apart at this device. You'll have to pull out the receptacles and check the connections first.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We are checking that now.
Ok, let me know how it looks.