Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

In changing out my dining room light fixture, somehow that

Customer Question

In changing out my dining room light fixture, somehow that switch now turns on and off the upstairs bathroom, as well.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We have two black wires and two white wires and a red. The white wires were touched and are still bundled. However, we have tried several gyrations and we cannot fix the issue of the dining room light having to be on to have light in the upstairs bathroom.
JA: Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 7 months ago.
Good morning, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist with your electrical questions. Before changing the dining room fixture, did everything work normally? What connections have been changed in swapping fixtures?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, the dining room light switch only turned on and off the dining room light. Now that light switch turns on and off the upstairs bathroom as well. The switch in that bathroom does not work at all.
Did you do anything with the dining room switch? Or just replaced the light?