Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My husband bought a Striker f

Customer Question

My husband bought a Striker fish findfinder and is trying to install it. There are 4 wires (red, black, blue and brown) He knows the red is hot, the black is ground but wants to know what the blue wire and brown wire are for.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
how long is it going to take to answer this question?
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi Cheryl. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
I just logged on. Do you still need help with this question?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just paid $24.00 for an answer and it doesn't seem like I got one....yes I would like a response!! Looks like I am getting switched from one tech to another. What kind of a system is this??
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure what you've seen on your screen, as the experts here see completely different screen layouts from what our customers see. I saw that you had been waiting, and I replied as soon as I logged on. The blue and brown wires are not needed for your husband's installation. They should be individually capped and taped.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just so you know, the minute I put my question in, it said a tech was working on it. It gave a name and picture which
was different than yours. I should not have had to pay $24.00 for an answer to this. That should have been something in the instructions already.
.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
I understand. I have been a customer on this site one time, several years ago. As experts who provide professional answers on the site, we never see the same screens customers see. That being the case, we don't know what information the site administrators provide to customers as they go through the process of asking a question. However, I do know that we have thousands and thousands of satisfied customers. My feedback alone contains positive ratings from several thousand customers. At any rate, I would be happy to put in a refund request for you if you would like me to do so.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That would be great if you would. For buying a new machine, the instructions should have been provided. I still wasn't told what the blue and brown wires were for.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
In one of my previous replies, I stated that the blue and brown wires are not needed, and should be individually capped and taped. We are not affiliated with Garmin, even though this website could show up on an Internet search for the term "Garmin".