Steven Parent
Steven Parent,
Experience:  Journeymen Electrician at Harvey's Electric Industrial Maintenance & Contracting Ltd.
92448011

I have a septic tank pump that is plug in i need to hard wire

Customer Question

i have a septic tank pump that is plug in i need to hard wire it how do i do that
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist you with your electrical questions. Are you just looking to hard wire the pump into a junction box? Or into something else?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i need to hardwire pump an float switch i have 2 wires for float switchhhh an 2 wires plus ground a wires coming from pump
Ok, and what do you have for power wires? and what voltage, 120?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
120 volt 2 wire plus ground
black and white wires for everything?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
black hot white neutral green ground on pump wire power supply black hot white neutral copper ground float switch black hot white neutral no ground
Ok great. Connect the 2 grounds together and then the black hot from the supply to the white of the float switch. Then the black of the float to the black of the pump. The white of the pump to the white of the supply.
That should get the job done. Let me know how you make out, or if there is anything else you need.