Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Have three lugs in kill switch box below meter,earth ground

Customer Question

Have three lugs in kill switch box below meter,earth ground and two more,where does my neutral wire from shop go?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Can you take a picture of the inside of the disconnect box and post it here so I can see what you have in place? 2) Is the box a main service disconnect or a downsteam sub-panel? Are you installing a feeder circuit for a sub-panel?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
main service disconnect
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
pictures
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the pic's. 1) Unfortunately, the picture of the panel came out being blurred and I am not able to get a good view inside that panel. I see the 2 lugs on the bottom and those are for the 2 hot wires. Looks like you also have 2 bus bars with 1 on the left and 1 on the right side. One or possibly both of these bus bars will be for the neutral. Are the 2 bus bars tied together with a horizontal piece of metal or are they 2 separate bus bars? 2) Is this a main lug panel which does not have a main disconnect circuit breaker? I am unable to view a main breaker in this panel.
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks.............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks..............Kevin:)