Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Trying to wire a new ceiling fan JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

***** *****, trying to wire a new ceiling fan
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Old fan was on two switches, one is a dimmer switch that ran the lights, second switch ran the fan, in the box (ceiling) 3 sets of black/white/ground. I can't seem to get the new fan to wire the same way
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Two sets of wire coming from ceiling are connected (wrapped) together. Black on black and white on white
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 6 months ago.
Hello may name is***** will be happy to assist you with your electrical questions today. Could you tell me exactly what you have for wiring inside the ceiling box and inside the switch box? Then we can determine what needs to get connected.