Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have four wires in the ceiling black is power, copper is

Customer Question

I have four wires in the ceiling black is power, copper is ground, what is the white and yellow?
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I want to connect a hunter 27182 ceiling fan & light control.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: How much is this connection?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Is there a wall switch that controls this ceiling box? If so, what are the wire colors on the wall switch?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Black, red, blue, green
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This the wall
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the replies. 1) I'm talking about an existing wall switch? Is there an existing wall switch?
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
1) The yellow wire is not yellow, it is a white wire that has faided and discolored. 2) How many wires and the wire colors that were connected to the original wall switch?
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
1) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or an AC voltmeter available to confirm voltages?