Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My name is ***** ***** Ferguson I'm trying to hook up a

Customer Question

Hi My name is ***** ***** Ferguson I'm trying to hook up a new light switch I have. http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-DZS15-1LZ-Decora-Controls-Capable/dp/B00LEWQYHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460409131&sr=8-1&keywords=leviton+zwave+switch zwave. My current light switch has 1 green and 2 black. Trying to figure out how I should go about it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just really want to swap my normal switch. Which is has just 1 green (ground) and 2 black. To this new zwave switch that asks for 1 green(ground) 1 black 1 white 1 red it's a Single Pole setup.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Is there a set of at least 2 white wires in the wall switch box, joined by a wire nut, or taped over the splice?