Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My chandelier box only has 2 wires trying to make sure i'm

Customer Question

my chandelier box only has 2 wires trying to make sure i'm connecting the 2 from the chandelier itself properly
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not sure what else to say, it's just that the wire form the chandelier itself has 2 wires within it, and both are the same not sure which to connect to which inside the box
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 8 months ago.
Hello welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist you today. It is most common with chandeliers and other light fixtures to only have 2 wires, both black. There is one thing you can do and would involve a multimeter to check continuity between the wires and the bulb socket. If you have one I could tell you what to check, otherwise, you can just connected the two wires into your box and polarity does not matter.