Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I'm Tony, I am replacing an old one heater/fan/light

Customer Question

Hi I'm Tony, I am replacing an old nut one heater/fan/light with a new nut one 665rp. The new wiring shows connecting two red wires. I do not have a red wire with my existing wiring
JA: Sometimes, Tony,, electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have two sets of wire feeds both with just white,black and ground wires
JA: Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: Not sure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Please provide me with the heater manufacturer name and model number? 2) How many and what house wire colors at the ceiling box? 3) Is the unit controlled by 1 or 2 wall switches? How many and what are the wire colors on the wall switch or switches? 4) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or an AC voltmeter available? 5) Does the heater reside on it's own dedicated circuit or is the light also shared by the same circuit?