Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

We have ceiling fans with remotes and I know you're not

Customer Question

Hi...We have ceiling fans with remotes and I know you're not supposed to use the switch and the remote but my child has been using both. Now the remotes won't work...just the switches. Is there a way I can get the remotes to start working again?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: It's Allen and Roth
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.1-) did you try to re set?2-) do you have a manual?We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondenceIf by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.And thank you for your help and assistanceeddie