Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

3 way dimmer switch replacement. old switch to , r to

Customer Question

3 way dimmer switch replacement. old switch b to b, r to r , and r to White. New switch has b, r, r/w stipe. ( and ground of course) should r /w go to w ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I'm sorry I thought this was free. My apologies.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just paid. I hope someone responds.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for nothing. I've just filed a complaint.
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry no experts were available sooner to answer your question. Can you provide me with the model numbers of the old and new switches? Then I can be able to tell you which wires go where.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know it's not your fault. "10 minute wait" when you were the first to respond 100 minutes later was a big fail.I solved the problem myself.This site is a great concept, but the service level has to be there.