Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Looking to hook up timer to a 240 3 phase ag pump

Customer Question

Looking for diagram to hook up timer to a 240 3 phase ag pump control with a semins controller
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My box has 2 switches 1 hand /auto and 1 start button..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Are you able to post photos of the inside of the controller, with all components and terminals shown?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Jason I have 3 pictures see attached looks like I will have to send them 1 at a time
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Hello again. Can you post the other two pictures? In the first photo, it looks like the motor starter already has wires connected to the load side of it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Shure correct loads are hooked up this was installed last year.. now I am going install a timer to auto start
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information. Do you already have the timer?
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
If so, please post any relevant information about it. We should be able to just connect the timer's output to the coil on the starter. Do you see terminals on the starter marked A1 and A2?
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Or, you may find it easier to get power from one side of the start button (which should be live at all times), and connect that power to the timer's input. Then, connect the timer's output to the other side of the start button (which should only be live after the start button is pushed). The timer probably needs a neutral wire connected to it as well.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok got it i think.... I have an intermatic mechanical timer,, I Would like to connect the timer line in to the auto side of the switch and the line out to the coil I just didn't know where,, would that be (A1 to timer out) and can I still use the button for a manual start as well. I know that the timer motor needs a 110 and a neutral. Thanks again for your advice I didn't think it would to smart to probe a live box in the rain so I'm glad I found you. Chris(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris. Can you post more info about the timer, relative to connection points? Or better yet, a photo of the timer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok here's the picture it's 220 so I'll connect a ground and 2 -110s to #1&3 on the timer.. Do I use just 1 load terminal to connect to the coil or both loads to A1& A2 thanks again
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Hello again. Your question is a good candidate for a phone consultation. Are you open to discussing the issue over the phone, for a small additional fee?