Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I am installing a gronding rod HF antenna. The ground

Customer Question

I am installing a gronding rod for an HF antenna. The ground it is going into is clay and rock and I can't pound the rod in further than 4 feet. Can I use two 4 foot rods in parallel instead of the one 8 foot rod?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You have*****the rod on a 45deg angle or trench and burry it 2 ft deep horizontally. You may not use 4 ft rods.