Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am trying to fit a new light fitting. When I removed the

Customer Question

I am trying to fit a new light fitting. When I removed the old rose there were three live, three neutral and one earth wire. The new light fitting has only one of each. I'm not sure how to fit the light now.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you. That is my only issue.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 10 months ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. Now... you are in the UK so let me ask this, are the wires in the rose connected to a terminal strip? If so, can you tell me how they are grouped?Then we can proceed.ThanksSteve
Hi, do you still need help?Please let me know. Steve
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Steve, I apologise. I was called away from home unexpectedly on Friday afternoon. My electrical problem has now been fixed. Thank you for your help.