Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Installing a low voltage light fixture JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

installing a low voltage light fixture
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just had a low voltage rail fixed at a local lighting shop. The power feed canopy had shorted and melted (the transformer is in crawl space and is ok). The new canopy has there wires-- black, white and red. The old canopy has just black and white. Not sure how to install.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In the canopy feed the red wire is labeled "hot 1" and the white is "com". The black has no label.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Do you still need assistance with this issue?