Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

Putting up a ceiling fan . in the box i had 2 whites and a

Customer Question

putting up a ceiling fan . in the box i had 2 whites and a red that work the old light from a single pole switch the two blacks were connected by a wire nut. how do i connect the light to the switch and the fan to work just from the chain
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) How many wires and what are the wire colors that are terminated to the wall switch? 2) At the ceiling box, how many wires and the wire colors? 3) What wire colors are spliced together in the ceiling box? 4) Does the fan wiring harness contain 1 black, 1 white, 1 blue and 1 green?