ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

When I built my home 25 years ago I used ligholier easy set

Customer Question

When I built my home 25 years ago I used ligholier easy set dimmers. On the three way switches these switches only required one piece of romex 2wire and a ground to the switch. I had a lightning strike a few week back and I can't find replacement dimmers that will work with this wiring. Any suggestions
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 8 months ago.
Do the original dimmers connectar to a Lightolier Control System or directly to the lights they control? On the light(s) controlled by 3-way, what is the switch at the other location, a standard 3-way switch? Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The original dimmers go directly to the lights. All the new dimmers that I have looked at have three wires at the slave unit and I only have two wires avaliable. Lightolier discontinued the easy-seet dimmers about 20 years ago and I can't find out if the came out with anything to support my wiring.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 8 months ago.
There is not a 3-way switch on the market that will work on two wires except those that are part of a lighting control system - nothing available as a direct replacement.Is there access (in a attic or crawl space) to add a piece of 3-wire cable?