Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am installing a new ceiling fan/light. I now have a two switch

Customer Question

I am installing a new ceiling fan/light. I now have a two switch box and have added a tree wire lead to the new fan/light. As of now there is only a dimmer switch controlling a ceiling light. The other switch is not in use and the red wire is capped.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: The new fan also has a remote , which is my problem as I would still like to use the wall dimmer on the light component.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. How would you like the unit to function? Do you want the remote to control anything or just the switches?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The remote does not control the switches. It controls the fan and fan light. My dilemma is how to wire this and still use the wall dimmer switch for the light and the toggle switch for the fan. I realize the fan must be powered for the remote to be functional.
What wires come from the remote receiver? Are they labeled?