Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

What's the difference between T series trac and bt series trac

Customer Question

What's the difference between T series trac and bt series trac and will fixtures fit either tracs OK?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) There are 3 separate types of tracks that are typically manufactured in the United States. The plug-on light fixtures are proprietary to the type of track. The plug-on light fixtures are not interchangeable to other track styles. 2) The differences in track or plug-on light styles are: A) Line Voltage of the trackB) Quantity of contacts on the trackC) Width of the track ("H, J & L" track design standards)D) Multiple circuit switching tracksE) Plug-on light types (incandescent or LED or halogen)F) Flex or monorail track types If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks...............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks...............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have read your answer but you did not address all of the question. No part of your answer included any reference to the "T SERIES" fixtures for the track or the "hbt series" fixtures. I still don't know from your answer whether the canister I bought at Lowe's which is marked "hbt series" is intended for my track which is marked "use T Series fixtures" or not.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the replies. 1) "HBT" and "T" series tracks are the track styles only used by the manufacturer. Within the track lighting industry, the standard tracks are "H, J & L". The manufacturer just used their model numbers as to the track type within their own product lines. "HBT" and "T" style tracks are not industry standards. 2) I doubt if they are interchangeable. You need to confirm and perform a visual inspection on the track width, the line voltage of the track and if multiple circuit switching tracks and the quantity of contacts on the track. I addressed all of these possible differences in my original answer:) 3) If your tracks say to use "T" series, then the "HBT" series are not interchangeable since it specifically mentions that:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks..............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.