Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

My gfci ready light won't light, so I thought I should replace

Customer Question

My gfci ready light won't light, so I thought I should replace it since we will be selling the house and would like to have everything looking ok. Btw, the outlet works and a circuit tested shows two yellow lights .i put in the new gfi, wired just like the other. We hi test behind the terminals, everything's hot. When I test the brass or bright screws, no power shows on the lower right load side when testing to any of the line side terminals. The switch will not reset. I'm dead in the water
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Does the GFCI contain LOAD side connections or only LINE side connections? Is the GFCI also protecting any other downstream loads? 2) If LOAD side connections are present, temporarily remove the LOAD side wires and see if the GFCI is now able to properly Test and Reset.
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks................Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks..............Kevin:)