Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

Ok. I have a hot spring spa. we had to move the outlet 20 amp

Customer Question

ok. I have a hot spring spa. we had to move the outlet 20 amp 220, I think.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I connected everything as it was before ( I think) but now when I turn the power on by hot tub jets just turn on and only way to turn them of is to un plug or turn off power at fuse box. Have spa people coming out, but thought I would see if maybe I had black and white wires mix up.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: Another window popped up. Rich. is that you your connecting me with?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. This outlet, is it a GFI? Let me know.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, are you there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes on the gfi
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.
Hi again. I'm sorry but I logged off last evening prior to your reply.You should have four wires from your spa. Red, Black, White and Ground.From the spa, the black, red, white ALL connect directly to the breaker. Do not connect the white to the neutral bar. Only the pigtail from the breaker and the white from the house connects to the bar.Is that how you have it hooked up?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.
Hi again. Were you able to try what I suggested?I'm here if you need further help.Steve