Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

The plug I plug my microwave into has a small yellow light

Customer Question

The plug I plug my microwave into has a small yellow light that is staying on.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I live in an apartment. I only plug my microwave into when I am going to use it. I have never seen this little yellow light come on next to the plug in. It's staying on. Should I call my apartment maintenance?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all I know for now.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.
Hi it a square outlet receptacle and does it have two buttons on it a red and maybe black?