Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a Kohler Model 17ry 22kw.We had problems with it starting

Customer Question

I have a Kohler Model 17ry 22kw.We had problems with it starting and staying running when power fails and it switches over to generator.Almost like the computer is dead.Can this unit be switched to manual start? And omit computer it only has 200 hours on itThanks Rick
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 8 months ago.
You can always run it manually & if you do not want it to start automatically, turn the control to the Off position or select Off. This would not resolve the issue of it not running. Have you had the fuel pressure checked to see if it is within the manufacturer'sspecifications? A professional would have a manometer to check the pressure with. You could also check with your gas supplier for them to verify the pressure.