Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Pearl ...I have a three way switch

Customer Question

Pearl Hi ...I have a three way switch (2 wall switches) that control a wall outlet. I want to make the wall outlet always hot on one outlet and leave the other to be controlled by the two three way wall switches. Looking for the easiest way to do this. Thanks , Mitch
JA: Sometimes, Mitch, electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The wall receptical also is hot on both plugs that work from two separate wall switches. I just want to make half the wall plug hot to be used when the wall switches are turned off.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to post a picture of the box and outlet, with all wires shown?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I thought I had cancelled my request. I cannot provide a picture and have decided to contact a local electrician for assistance. Thank you