Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I just replaced 2 outlets on the same breaker. now breaker

Customer Question

I just replaced 2 outlets on the same breaker. now breaker won't engage. I checked outlets and nothing is crimped or cracked. could the breaker just need to be replaced?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Are the outlets currently mounted in the boxes?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Are you able to post photos here, showing the connections of the wires to the outlets?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
old house. box is ground, no ground wire on outlet. breaker seems weak.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information. There is a simple test to determine whether the breaker is the issue. I like to do this to potentially save myself a trip to the store for a breaker. If there is another breaker in the panel that is rated at the same amperage, turn it off, temporarily disconnect the wire from it, and push that wire to the side. Move the wire from the tripping breaker to the temporary breaker, and turn it back on. If it holds fine, then the problem is most likely with the breaker that won't hold.