ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.

GA-AMM my kohler 13k generator has a 20 amp breaker inside the house

Customer Question

my kohler 13k generator has a 20 amp breaker inside the house that keeps tripping!!!
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Not sure if I am understanding your question, can you please provide more details? 2) Your main electrical panel has a 20 amp breaker that trips? Is the breaker located inside a transfer switch panel? Am trying to understand what the breaker and the generator have in common? 3) Does the breaker only trip when the gen set is ON or does it trip when the panel contains utility power?
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 6 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 6 months ago.
What does this breaker go to? Does it trip when generator is off, when load is on utility power?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 6 months ago.
Jim, what does the breaker go to? Does it also trip when on utility power? Thanks