Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant

I interested in the Philips Hue light system but prior to my

Customer Question

I interested in the Philips Hue light system but prior to my purchase I would appreciate if you can answer the following questions:
- Which is the 2nd generation bridge that works with both, the Alexa app and Apple Siri?
- Does the bridge / hue bulb and dimmer work with 220 volts? If not, could you please inform which models are?
Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

According to Phillips the Second Generation Bridge does work with both the Apple HomeKit through Siri and with Amazon's Echo through Alexa.

About the 220v: Philips Hue bulbs US-standard "110v" Hue A19 bulbs work with 220 volts, even though they are rated for "110" volts.
However, Philips Hue Lux bulbs, which are rated for 110 volts, will not work with 220 volts, according to reports these will start flickering after a few hours of use.

Thank you.