Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My name is ***** *****. I'm changing an outdoor light and

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I'm changing an outdoor light and there is a red wire coming from the switch. Where do I connect the red wire?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The light has black ,white & green wires. The switch has black , white, green & red wires. Where do I connect the red wire?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Is the the switch existing? and wired ? How many screws on the side of the switch, just 2?