Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have never had a problem with my hot tub or breaker (MW

Customer Question

Hi, I have never had a problem with my hot tub or breaker (MW Spa GFCI Load Center/Disconnect 240V ). I drained and cleaned the hot tub and decided to hit the "test" button. Now nothing works and I can't get it to turn back on. It kind of looks like it is stuck. But, I've read that means the breaker needs to be replaced. Any ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: The hot tub had a sns with a blinking temperature prior to me hitting the test button. I read this can self correct, especially if the temperature is also blinking and not just the error code... not sure its relevant, but thought i'd mention it. Thanks!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Turn the double pole feeder circuit breaker in the main panel to the OFF position and temporarily disconnect the 2 hot LOAD (hot tub wires) wires from the GFCI disco. If the hot tub also contains a white neutral LOAD wire, also disconnect that wire at the GFCI disco. Leave the white curly white neutral pigtail terminated to the neutral bus bar.

2) Restore power to the circuit breaker. Hit the GFCI Test button.

3) Does the GFCI trip and can you reset it under a "no load" condition?

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks...............Kevin:)