Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

Lost power to bathroom lights and fan, breaker and gfi's did

Customer Question

Hi, lost power to bathroom lights and fan, breaker and gfi's did not trip. thought it might have been light switch but ohmed ok. have two sets of wires coming to box both black wires are showing 125v?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Test each black to neutral and then to ground. Let me know the readings. Only on should be hot with the GFCI tripped.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tripped gfis when power went out now they will not reset. Checked wires at light switch 2 sets of wires hot neutral and ground hot to gound 125v each neutral to ground 7v on one 111v on the other?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a double switch one controls fan and light in shower the other the rest of the lights in bathroom. Plug receptacles are on same circuit breaker but do notwork.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

You have a bad neutral connection on the feed. You'll need to check connection ahead of the GFCI. It won't reset if you have a bad neutral connection.