Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have had the 600watt transformer installed and need to

Customer Question

I have had the 600watt transformer installed and need to reset it because of a power outage. I have no manual and the push buttons aren't responding.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The lights were on all night but have finally gone off. I have been pushing every button i see so I'm sure it won't be an easy reset one button at this point.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: Our top Electrician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Electrician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Electrician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like the power outage produced a high voltage electrical spike, that destroyed overload circuit in the transformer... this would be especially true if the transformer is a Chinese model.

Let me know about that, we can go from there.