Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My house has an outdoor power pack installed garden lights.

Customer Question

My house has an outdoor power pack installed for outdoor garden lights. The lights are old and need replacing however the cord from the lights is burried under the dirt. I'm sure it does not go under the concrete. there is a power pack directly next to the cord but the two don't seem to be connected.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Please provide additional details. What is your question? Are you trying to confirm if the power pack transformer is connected to the underground low voltage cable?

2) Do you have a multi-meter available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to replace the lighting string but it heads under the dirt. where would it connect? How do I unplug?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the replies.

1) Most low voltage landscape lighting transformers will contain screw terminals where the low voltage cable terminates to.

2) Can you send me a picture of the transformer and the manufacturer name and model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is white box with screws
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

1) Does the power pack have a 120 volt AC output or a DC voltage output? Are the lights AC or DC type?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
carlon e980cx
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to locate anything in the databases under that part number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. thanks anyway
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you can send me a picture of the power pack showing the manufacturer label and connections, I may be able to assist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks . but thanks anyway
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

OK, very good. Take care and have a great weekend........Thanks.............Kevin:)