Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I have a Squared D breaker panel that was damaged in

Customer Question

I have a Squared D breaker panel that was damaged in shipping. it has some cracks in the plastic that the buss bars are attached to. they aren't real bad, but, is there a glue that will work on that plastic?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Due to the potential safety reasons and possible risk factor, I recommend to return the panel and obtain a replacement.

2) No part of any electrical panel should be damaged, no matter how small the plastic cracks are. The buss bars are one of the most important components within any panel.

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)