Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have outlet without reset button that doesn't work, I

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have outlet without reset button that doesn't work , I checked everything that I could think of but nothing so far
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have outlet that doesn't work2 double in the 1st floor bathroom , 2
JA: Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: And 1 other in 2 nd floor bathroom . They're no reset button on it and I checked the breakers
JA: Our top Electrician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Electrician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Electrician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester? You'll need to test the dead outlet to determine what the problem is. Let me know and we can continue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I don't have that. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Very well. Should you wish to continue, testers are available at any home center for around $20.00. I suggest a Volt/Con type for easy use. When troubleshooting a problem, you need to test not guess.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

You're welcome.