Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I need to know how to connect a Black,, Ground into a Black,

Customer Question

I need to know how to connect a Black, White, Ground into a Black, Red, White Ground.From the Panel I have: Black, White, Red, GroundI tied: Black Together, --I tied Red and White in the White (leading to the panel), Grounded.Is this right? If not, how do I tie these together? It's for a Dryer.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

hi want to hook the wires into the back of the dryer correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no. it's for the outlet running to the panel. I"m hooking up a junction box.
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

I just want to get this right..................from the back of your dryer you have the wire with a plug............then a receptacle............then it goes to a junction box where you have two blacks........two reds...........two whites..............two ground wires.............then it goes into your electrical panel box?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have three prong wire with plug
three female receptacleI have 1 black, 1 red, 1 white, 1 ground from the panel.I have 1 black, 1 white, 1 ground, coming from the receptacle.I want to junction box the two together. How would I do it?Black to Black
Red to White
Cap the extra white
Ground ?
Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

you are going to have to open the back of the dryer by the cover plate and see just how that plug wire is connected...............make sure the power is off ......then let me know if there are three lugs where the plug wire is you have a make and model for this dryer that you can give me now?

Expert:  Eddie replied 7 months ago.

are you there ?