Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

I have a Hampton Bay remote that is not working and I

Customer Question

I have a Hampton Bay remote that is not working and I replaced the battery and still does not work. There is 4 little switches by the battery and all of them are going to one side. Could it be that some of the buttons are not on the right side? I do not know what the remote # ***** do not know the model # ***** the remote. I wish I could send a picture of the remote because I did see the remote on the website. K3 is the number
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Hampton Bay. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: Our top Electrician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Electrician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Electrician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The first thing is to check and verify that the dip switches on the receiver and the remote are set to the same code. Sometimes when changing batteries they are moved. If not found to be different, you'll need a 2 wire voltage tester to continue. Readings at the wiring in the canopy are required to determine why it's not working.