Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I removed an old outdoor fixture that had four wires and

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** removed an old outdoor fixture that had four wires and wired the new fixture black to black, white to white and ground to ground and now it doesn't work. I checked the wiring so I know its wired good. Problem, the jumper wires that I cut off had two wires on white and two wires on black? What to do?? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The old fixyure had two wires going to each bulb. The new fixture only has the black, white and ground.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ken ...............the old fixture had 2 bulbs?..........the new one is a single?..............and did you test the wires seeing if you are getting power to them?