Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a few lights that flicker, and one that always stays

Customer Question

I have a few lights that flicker, and one that always stays on
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The bathroom light suddenly came on and flickered this evening, a fan light, that I thought the bulb had burned out.. I also have a light in the dining room that goes off, I turn the bulb and it will come back on, then go off again.. I also have a recessed light that stays on even when I turn the switch off.. I have noticed that this is all happening on the same side of the house. The lights are lined up with each other throughout the house.
JA: Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: That's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Electrician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Based on your comments, it sounds like multiple circuits are involved with the flickering and not just limited to 1 or 2 different circuits, is that correct?

2) Does the home contain any sub-panels or are all of the lighting circuits contained within the main electrical panel?