Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a 1200A source and a 36X50A maximum load. When

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a 1200A source and a 36X50A maximum load. When designing this system, am I allowed on install 36X50A pedestals with the right protection (we don't always connected everything), or does my system have to have only 24X50A pedestales to match my source. Thanks.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: That's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Electrician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, I just saw that you reside in Canada. I will opt out of the question, since Canadian electrical codes will differ than US electrical codes.

If your application is for an RV Park, the Canadian Electrical Code should have a demand factor table based on the quantity of sites. The appropriate demand factor would be applied which can then reduce the size of the main breaker required for the total feeder site quantities.

No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Steven Parent replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, my name is***** me see if I can be of assists to you. What is this system for? Most demand calculations can be de-rated.