Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I'm hanging a flat screen tv over the fireplace. What is the

Customer Question

I'm hanging a flat screen tv over the fireplace. What is the name of the electrical outlet that's indented inside the wall that allows you to hide the electrical cords behind the tv without being seen?
Thanks,
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ray and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) There are 2 different options to wiring up a wall mounted television.

One method is to hard-wire a recessed wall receptacle and the other method is to install an in-wall power cord kit.

See link shown below for the in-wall power cord kit sold at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/CE-TECH-In-Wall-Power-Cord-and-Cable-Kit-A32-KW/204412643

Here is a link for a hard-wired recessed receptacle version also sold at Home Dept:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/CE-TECH-Low-Voltage-Recessed-Media-Plate-with-Duplex-Receptacle-5310-WH/202689907

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..................Kevin:)