Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Replacing a light switch - it has two blacks and one red

Customer Question

replacing a light switch - it has two blacks and one red there are two switches (outdoor lights). trying to replace one swith with a honeywell timer switch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the timer instructions show a black line, blue line and 2 whites coming from the wall - i don't know how to merry this up with what i actually have coming from the wall
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** me try and assist you with your issue. Are you able to upload a photo of your existing switches and wiring at the box? Also do you know the model of the honeywell timer you are looking to install?