Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My name is micky. I'm trying to wire up a fan/light/heater

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** trying to wire up a fan/light/heater in my bathroom and when you throw the switches only the heater works. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The only thing working in my bathroom is the heater. The light and fan won't turn on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) How many switches are controlling the combo unit? 1 or 2 or 3 separate switches?

2) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to take some voltage measurements?

3) Can you provide me with the manufacturer name and the model number of the combo unit?

4) Is the heater portion of the unit on its own dedicated circuit?