Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a sears 3hp that can be convertedfrom 110 to 220 I

Customer Question

i have a sears 3hp that can be convertedfrom 110 to 220 I have 5 prone on the motot which one I hook up the line coming in and which on I put the motor on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i was running compressor on 110 i want to switch it over to 220 the layout on the motor is not to straight forward as to what prone need the motor hook to and the wiring coming in hook to
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Please give me all the information on the motor nameplate. Is there a wiring diagram on the motor?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have 5 prone on the GE motor TWO PRONE IN THE MIDDLE ONE BELOW AND TWO ABOVE THE MIDDLE I,M TRYING TO SWITCH IT OVER TO 220 THE OLATE SAY TAKE THE GREY WIRE PUT IT ON THE BOTTM AND THE WHITE ONE WHERE THE GREY WIRE WAS WHICH WHITE WIRE IS THE QUESTION THE WHITE WIRE COMING IN TO THE MOTOR OR THE WHITE WIRE INSIDE OF THE MOTOR
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry but your response doesn't make sense. Please give me the information I asked for.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I HAVE A SEARS AIR COMPRESSOR 3 HP ON THE PLATE ON THE MOTOR IT A 15 AMP 115/230
C MO 3014 B 5 KCR43 I,M TRYING TO TO SWITCH IT OVER TO 220 IT HAS HAS 5 PRONE INSIDE OF MOTOR FOR WIRING HOOKUP GREY WIRE AND A WHITE ON PRONE
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NOW THE THE WIRE COMING IN TO MOTOR IS A WHITE AND BLACK
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THE LINE CORD WAS SWITCH TO A 220 PLUG
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you have answer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when it was running as 110 the white and black wire was black on p3 white on p4 and the motor wire grey on p1 and the motor white on p2
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

The model number given doesn't work. Please check it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
on the motor it has MO-6340
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
SEARS CRAFTSMAN 3HP MO-6340
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry but I'm unable to find any wiring diagrams for that motor. The Sears site shows it as discontinued. If you can upload a picture of both the wiring compartment and any diagrams on the motor, I can wwork from there. If not, I'll opt out.

t

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I WILL GET THAT
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
CAN,T GET A GOOD PICTURE MIGHT AS WELL OPT OUT
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Very good.