ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I just overfilled my hot tub by accident and it tripped the

Customer Question

I just overfilled my hot tub by accident and it tripped the breaker, which will now not reset.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok. The hot tub has been working fine before this happened. Not the breaker will not reset.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 9 months ago.

Hi Mark, welcome to justanswer.com

Allen of the electrical supply circuits, controls, motors, et al will need to be thoroughly inspected for water intrusion and if found to have been wet will need to be replaced. Hopefully the intrusion is minimal. If only a portion of the electrical circuit was wet, it may be possible to cut the damaged portion out and properly splice in new wiring. If you have any further questions, let me know.

It is possible that, with exception of the control panel, the system can dry and "work" again. This would not make it safe.