Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I have a minka aire model # f620 It no longer works either

Customer Question

I have a minka aire model # ***** It no longer works either by the wall switch(lite) or by the remote (for the fan and lite)
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: we have a wall switch that will activate the lite on the fan and a remote that will activate the fan and lite as well neither of these will operate the unit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: none that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the wall switch a hard-wired type of switch or a remote switch?

2) Does the fan contain pull chains?

3) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to take a few voltage measurements?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is hardwired...does not have a pull chain.. yes and there is voltage to the switch and out of the switch. ..before the problem the light would go on instantly at the wall switch ..as time went on it took the lite about 15 seconds to go on and eventually up to a minute thereafter until it longer would work at all. also during that time prior the light would momentarily go on then go out Now it does neither of that any longer
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the replies.

1) Have you confirmed and checked for voltage at the ceiling fan canopy cover with the wall switch toggled ON & OFF? If the receiver is located at the fan canopy, voltage can be measured on the output side of the receiver by using the handheld transmitter.

2) Are you using the correct wattage rating for the light bulbs? Most ceiling fan light kits will contain a wattage limiter device. If the light bulb wattage exceeds the wattage rating of the light kit, the lights will automatically shut OFF.

3) Another possibility is that the fan receiver and/or handheld transmitter is defective and may need replacement. Usually it is the receiver that becomes defective.

Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)